Pinwheel Sugar Cookies
photo by Toll Housereg
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Rolled & Ready Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets
- plastic wrap
- 6 tablespoons decorator sugar, divided
- LINE cutting board with 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Place each sheet of dough on its own piece of plastic wrap. Allow to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- SPRINKLE each sheet evenly with 3 tablespoons of sugar. Using a rolling pin, lightly press sugar into dough. Beginning with long side, carefully roll up the dough, using plastic wrap to roll and form. You may need to squeeze roll gently and reshape roll. Wrap each roll well in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Let each frozen roll stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- CUT each chilled roll into 1/4-inch slices with a sharp knife, carefully wiping the knife occasionally with a towel. Turn roll frequently to prevent flat sides. You will get about 26 slices per roll. Place slices 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Some reshaping maybe needed.
- BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!