Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
photo by BriarCraft
- Ready In:
1 9" cake
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained (9 slices needed)
- 9 candied cherries (or maraschino cherries, drained)
- 1⁄3 cup walnut halves (or pecans)
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon flavoring (optional)
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a 9 inch square pan or heavy 10 inch skillet.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices, cherries, and nuts in an attractive pattern on the brown sugar layer. Set aside.
- Measure liquid ingredients into a bowl and beat for 1 minute.
- Add dry ingredients, beat until blended smooth.
- Pour batter gently over fruit, so as not to disturb your attractive pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Immediately turn upside down on serving plate. Leave pan over cake for a few minutes before lifting it off.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Member since 2003, when it was RecipeZaar.