MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A recipe can be lowfat but if there is no flavor why would you eat it? Great flavor going on here, another one from Betty Crocker.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb uncooked medium shrimp, in shells
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes or 2 medium roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- hot cooked rice, if desired
- Peel shrimp. Make a shallow cut lenghtwise down back of shrimp; wash out vein.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1/2 cup.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water.
- Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet or wok with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, garlic, onion and zucchini; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and vegies are crisp-tender.
- Stir in pineapple juice, soy sauce, sugar and ginger.
- Heat to boiling.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir about 10 seconds or until thickened.
- Stir in pineapple and tomatoes; heat just until hot.
- Serve with rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION