Pineapple-Coconut Drop (soft) Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 package coconut
- Cream shortening and sugars.
- Add beaten egg mixed with vanilla.
- Sift flour with soda and salt.
- Add to mixture alternately with the pineapple and coconut.
- Mix all items together--well, till it makes a soft batter.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Leave space for spreading.
- Bake at 375°F for about 10 minutes or until done.
- Be careful not to overbake this cookie.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I'm married, and the mother of five grown children. In September of this year (2008) my husband and I celebrated our 52nd wedding anniversary on a cruise ship to Halifax and Sydney, Nova Scotia. I met my husband (ED) when I was a Flight Attendant with Eastern Air Lines, based in Miami, FL. At that time Ed was an Air Traffic Controller in the MIA Center. Our oldest son was employeed by Boeing in Seattle as a mechanical engineer, but recently he was promoted to a management position with them. Two of our daughters chose to be Air Traffic Controllers, like their father. Our third and youngest daughter works for the Army Corps of Engineers. Our youngest son is self-employed in FTW, TX."
Join The Conversation
These are good and a nice change. I added a sprinkling of course sugar before popping them into the oven. They were done at 9 minutes. I got 20 cookies but did what we would consider a normal size cookie. :) I did add a 1/2 tsp of coconut extract in addition to the vanilla. These will be made again. Thanks!