Persian Carrot and Green Bean Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Khorak-e Havij va Lubiya Sabz
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 lb lamb, cut in cubes (or beef)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb green beans, cut in one-inch pieces
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 lb carrot, cut in one-inch slices
- 2 large waxy potatoes, cut in one-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Sprinkle meat with cinnamon. Brown in butter in batches. Add 2 cups water to meat in pot. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low, and simmer 30-40 minutes or until meat is well cooked. (Keep the pot covered.).
- Remove lid, and add green beans, tomato paste, carrots, potatoes and spices/seasonings. Stir together. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minuets. If sauce is too thin, boil down for a few minutes to get desired consistency.
- Serve with flat bread or over plain rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION