Perfect Ricotta Pancakes With Caramelised Apple
photo by haniabania
- Ready In:
- Combine the flour and backing powder then sift into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle of the flour mix with your fingers.
- In another bowl add the egg and beat with a handmixer for 10 seconds to airate.
- Pour the egg into the well you made earlier and slowly add buttermilk while mixing (with an electric handmixer) the flour and egg from the inside of the bowl towards the outer bowl. Mix until all is combined.
- Melt the 80g of butter and add to the mixture with 2 tablespoons of sugar, blend until mixed.
- Break the Ricotta into bite size chunks by hand and add to the mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon and place into the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- (The resting step is important don't miss it).
- While the batter is resting, peel and quarter the Apples.
- Cover the base of a frypan with 150g of sugar and place over heat,add the apples and a knob of butter. Heat until apples are cooked and sugar has caramalised. If needed add a little water to slow down the caramalisation process.
- When the resting and apples are complete, heat a frypan to low heat and coat with a knob of butter so your pancakes won't stick. Cook pancakes on each side till golden brown.
- Combine 2 pancakes and some of the caramalised apple to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!