Peppered Pork With Apple Slaw
- Ready In:
- 8 pork loin steaks (75 gram steaks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- 2 green apples, coarsely grated (I like to use Granny Smith apples)
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 4 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey or 10 drops of stevia liquid, to your taste
- Brush the pork steaks lightly with the olive oil.
- Combine pepper, chilli flakes and salt and then sprinkle over both sides of the pork steaks.
- Preheat a char-grill pan, broiler or barbecue to high heat. Cook pork steaks 2-3 minutes each side, or until done to your liking. Set aside to rest.
- To make the apple slaw, combine the apples, cabbage and chives in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the mayo and honey/stevia together and pour over the slaw. Toss to coat.
- Place the pork on serving plates and serve with the apple slaw.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free