Penzey's Pea Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, cubed into 1/4-inch chunks OR shredded
- 4 slices cooked bacon, slices broken into bits
- 1 -2 cup broccoli floret, steamed until crisp-tender (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- Put the peas, eggs, onion, cheddar cheese, bacon bits and broccoli (if using) in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the mayonnaise, milk, mustard, celery seed, garlic, pepper and salt together until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the pea mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- You may serve the salad right away, but it tastes even better the longer the flavors have to develop, chilled in the fridge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Christian wife and mother of 3 kids. Since my DH's high cholesterol, we've been eating better. I never used to like cooking. Since eating better, I've liked learning and preparing new recipes. My kids haven't reconciled themselves to the new eating yet. I grind my own grain and make all my own breads.?Working 2 hours a day in the local high school lunch room.??I am homeschooling my high schooler.? ?Also found out 1 child has multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, tomato, chocolate, etc) and another is gluten sensitive. So, we just started (July 09) eating gluten and dairy free. I've been busy with getting our house market ready, even though it's not the best time for that.?