Penne Pasta With Hot Italian Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked as directed
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 -4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 -5 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, drain.
- Cut hot italian sausages into 4-5 pieces, brown in skillet, remove.
- Add enough butter to the pan to saute green peppers, red peppers and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to pepers and onions.
- When garlic is fragrent, add ground beef, hot italian sausages, basil, oregano and pasta sauce.
- Fold in penne pasta and ricotta cheese, transfer to two greased 8x8 baking dishes.
- Top with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400F until cheese is melted and browned.
- Serve with garlic bread, enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm adjusting to cooking for one, even when I only cooked for two, i made enough for an army. I live with my three cats [[i know, you're thinking crazy cat lady]] I love to cook for parties; appetizers, drinks, sweets...cooking for people makes me so much happier than just cooking for myself. Sundays are my all day cook-a-thons. Nothing beats a lazy Sunday, spent making an all day dish and watching football [[I'm torn between Packers and Jets, but I'm leaning toward the latter]] <br> <br>I'm trying to improve my baking skills [[or lackthereof]] Now that I'm on my own, with nothing but time to fill, I'm excited to try my hand at cakes && cookies && pies. <br> <br>I've also recently decided to cut meat out of my diet, so I'm on the lookout for declicious, easy vegetarian//vegan recipes. It really is amazing how once you stop focusing on meat in a meal, your eyes sort of open up for so many possibilities. I love it. <br> <br> <br>I'm a real simple lady.