Peking Pork Chops
Very simple to prepare & can be done in the crockpot in as little as 4 hrs.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 6 boneless pork loin steaks, 1 inch thick cut
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce or 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim excess fat from pork chops and place in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl and pour over meat.
- Cover, turn to low and cook 4 to 6 hours, or until tender.
- Do not overcook.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with steamed Jasmine or Basmati rice and/or Chinese.
- This also works well with chicken.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was an excellent recipe. I usually alter recipes but left this one almost exactly as it was. I only cooked 3 pork chops but left the sauce amount as is for pouring over some rice. It had a wonderful flavor and the house smelled delicious while it was cooking. I did add a bit more ginger and ketchup because it tasted a bit too salty for me. We are not big salt eaters. It tasted very good over a simple white rice dish with mixed veggies. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
Delicious and easy. I used 4 boneless pork chops, not quite 1 inch thick but definitely more than 1/2-inch. I had it in the crockpot on low for about 6 1/2 hours I sliced an onion into rings and put those in the bottom of the pot first, then the chops, then the liquid on top. Thickened up the sauce a bit at the end with cornstarch and served it all over wide noodles. Wonderful!