Pear and Almond Friands
- Ready In:
- 6 egg whites
- 185 g butter, melted
- 120 g almond meal (ground almonds)
- 240 g icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 110 g plain flour
- 1 small pear, peel, cored and chopped finely (180 grams)
- 20 g sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C if using a fan-forced oven and grease a 12 hole muffin pan (1/3 cup/80ml size) or friand pan.
- Whisk the egg whites in a medium bowl until frothy.
- Add the melted butter. almond meal, sifted icing sugar and flour, then the chopped pear. Stir until combined.
- Place into the 12 muffin/friand pans and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Stand 5 minutes in the pan, before turning out.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free