Peanut Butter Breakfast Sandwiches
Kids of all ages will wait for breakfast when you serve toasted French bread stuffed with peanut butter, honey, and banana.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter or 1/2 cup regular peanut butter
- 8 slices French bread (1/2-inch think)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup fruit preserves (any flavor) or 1/2 cup jam (any flavor)
- Spread peanut butter evenly onto one side of each slice of bread snd drizzle honey over the peanut butter.
- Cut each banana in half lengthwise and then cut in half crosswise (8 pieces total). Arrange 2 banana pieces on 4 of the prepared bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices, peanut butter-sides down.
- In a shallow bowl combine eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
- Carefully dip sandwiches into egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or on a large griddle over medium heat.
- Cook sandwiches in hot butter about 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat fruit preserves over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently.
- To serve, cut warm sandwiches in half crosswise. Drizzle with warm fruit preserves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very, very good! I love the combination of peanut butter, bananas and honey, but have not thought to do this! I used a little more cinnamon than called for because I really like the taste and drizzled blueberry preserves over. Very hearty and satisfying and it was simple to make! Thanks Annacia!Reply