Peaches and Cream Delight
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (29 ounce) can peach slices
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons reserved peach juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9-inch dish.
- Mix flour, pudding, salt, egg and milk. Pour into dish.
- Spoon peaches over mixture.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar and peach juice.
- Spoon cream mixture over peaches.
- Cook 35 minutes in 350 oven.
- Cool 45 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a big hit when I served it NY Eve as a brunch dessert to my peach-loving DH & his 2 fishing buddies. 5* all the way for its yummy taste, accurate info & easy prep. I took your brief & accurate info to heart. W/the pudding mix, peaches & peach nectar already 3 sweet factors, I wanted to lighten the sweetness a bit. I reduced the sugar to 2/3 cup & will prob go to 1/2 cup next time ... esp since I topped it w/extra peach slices to color the presentation. I already made a note to restock my peach supply for a spec occasion or a DH spec request. Thx for posting this recipe for us.
My husband requested 10 stars for this! I made a few basic changes for health reasons like my pudding was sugar free, my flour was half white/half wheat, my milk was skim, my cream cheese was fat free, and my sugar was 1/2 sugar 1/2 splenda. I also had to use 2 15 oz. cans of peaches but I don't think the extra 1 oz made much of a difference! This bakes up with a lovely crust, the layer of peaches, and then a layer of cream. The top is hard like a cheese cake but when you hit into it with a spoon it leaks all over the other two layers creating this lovely cream! I made and baked this before we left for our evening's activities for the kids. Came home about an hour later and had dinner and then ate this. A nice end to dinner. Thanks so much!