Peach Oatmeal Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (30 ounce) can peach halves in syrup, drained and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sift together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Stir in oats and nuts.
- Mix milk, egg and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8 X 8 X 2" baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until done.
- Arrange peach slices on top of cooled bread.
- Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and drizzle remaining melted butter over top.
- Broil until topping bubbles and tops of peaches begin to brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!