Peach & Frangipane Galette
- Ready In:
- 1 recipe pastry dough (see my Recipe)
- 5 ounces almond paste
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the galette dough into a round about 15" in diameter.
- Fold the dough in half, then in half again and transfer to a parchment lined sheet pan, then unfold it.
- Make the frangipane: Beat the almond paste, butter and sugar together until well mixed.
- Add the rum and egg and mix until very smooth.
- Spread the frangipane over the galette dough leaving a 2" border all the way around.
- Arrange the peaches in a circular pattern over the frangipane.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the filling- you can pleat it for a very pretty effect, or you can just fold it randomly- this tart is supposed to be rustic so it doesn't matter.
- Brush the edge with the melted butter and sprinkle the entire tart with the sugar.
- Bake until the crust has browned and the frangipane is set, about 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before sliding the galette onto a cooling rack.
- Let cool another 20 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!