Passover "pb & J" Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
photo by J M.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup almond butter, kosher-for-Passover
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 dash vanilla (I don't usually buy it just for Pesach) (optional) or 1 dash vanilla powder (I don't usually buy it just for Pesach) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 24 teaspoons raspberry jam (or your favourite flavour) or 24 teaspoons jelly (or your favourite flavour)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well-blended.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out a smallish amount.
- Roll into balls and place on parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Carefully press each ball down with a fingertip - balls are fragile, try to keep them from splitting open or you'll lose your jam.
- Balls should resemble a bird's nest.
- With another, clean spoon (we always keep our jams pareve and nut-free - you never know who might be stopping by!), scoop 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon of jam or jelly and slide it into the "nest".
- Repeat until all "nests" are full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool & solidify before peeling from parchment.
- Finish cooling on wire rack before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! I saw this recipe and went back to the health food store to get KLP almond butter. I didn't make any changes to the recipe. Used a fruit-only 4-fruit jam. Tips I'd recommend: leave plenty of room between the cookies, they spread a LOT. Let them brown a bit, they hold together better than if they're just done.