- Ready In:
- Cook parsnips and potatoes in their skins for 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving pot liquor.
- When cool, peel and cut into large slices.
- Place in baaking dish and add slivers of salt pork (or bacon) with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with pot liquor and bake in a slow oven for 20-30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married mother of twins. I very seldom ever use recipes as they are written, always modifying and adjusting them. Many times I will take three or four different recipes and come up with a new recipe based on those. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">