Parsnip Rosemary Buns
- Ready In:
- 220 g parsnips, grated (2 medium)
- 200 g whole wheat flour (I used whole spelt flour)
- 75 g flour (I used spelt flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons applesauce (unsweetened)
- 4 tablespoons yogurt (low fat is fine)
- In a big bowl combine parsnip, flours, baking powder, baking soda, rosemary, salt and garlic powder.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg, yogurt and applesauce to it. Quickly knead into a doug (it will be shaggy). If dough doesnt come together, add 1 tbs or so more yogurt. Do not overwork the dough!
- Divide dough into 9 parts and roll each part into a ball. Place the balls on a paper-lined baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife make a cross on top of each bun.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 190°C/375°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top and baked through.
- These are best eaten warm, but I like them cooled, too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!