Pappadeaux Blackened Oyster and Shrimp Fondeaux
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1 cup shrimp stock or 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 oysters
- blackening seasoning
- melted butter, as needed
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces crawfish tail meat (can be left out)
- 2 ounces lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 -5 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- garlic bread
- Make sauce and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan; whisk in flour and chopped onion. Cook over.
- medium heat until onion is tender. Slowly stir in stock and wine; whisk.
- until smooth. Add cayenne, garlic powder,& salt; Simmer 10 minutes. Add cream; simmer 5 minutes.
- REMEMBER NOT TO LET THE CREAM SCORCH.
- Season shrimp and oysters with blackened seasonings available in most supermarkets. Melt butter in hot sauté.
- Pan,and sauté shrimp and oysters, about 2 minutes per side. Add spinach,mushrooms, crawfish, crab and green onion. Saute until mushrooms and spinach soften.
- Fold in sauce and bring to a simmer. Pour into heatproof dish; top with grated cheese. Place under a broiler until cheese melts. Use garlic bread as dippers.
- *Prepare shrimp stock by boiling down 1 cup of shrimp shells in 4 cups of water.
- Boil shells for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good! recipe same as the other one but you add the garlic powder and the crawfish. I also added oysters because I love them so much and the originl recipe have them in it as well. Prep. and cooking time was fairly easy & will make again & again kids loved it with noodles. Sorta like a seafood sauce over noodles. And when I go to PAPPA, I usually eat it over dirty rice w/garlic bread. Tasty combo! My favorite.