Pan Roasted Venison Burgers
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Heat a large, heavy, oven safe fry pan over medium high heat On a large cutting board chop garlic and shalot.
- Dump the ground meat on top of the chopped herbs, make a well, add egg.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix GENTLY GENTLY form into 5 thick burgers, do not over work the meat or your burgars will be tough.
- Coat burgers with olive oil and sear in fry pan for 2 or 3 minutes per side, turning only once.
- Place pan in oven and cook until desired temperature is reached.
- About 15 minutes to 120 degrees for rare, 130 for medium rare, they will still be tender at 140 degrees, but I wouldn't go beyond that.
- Remove from pan, cover loosly for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place the pan back on the stove, and add a bit of butter and some sliced mushrooms.
- Sautee until lightly browned.
- Deglaze with a couple dashes of veal stock and serve with burgers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were very good. I made half the recipe for two huge burgers. We used cast iron and one whole egg instead of 2 whites, which was fine. We deglazed with some bourbon and ate them on rolls with sauted mushrooms and onions. So good you won't believe they are so healthy and lean, not to mention hormone/antibiotic free.