"Grilled" Venison Burgers
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
8 4ounce burgers
- In bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add venison and mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients and mix well with a fork, until bread crumbs are barely noticeable.
- On plastic wrap, form into 8 (4 ounce) patties, making them round and very flat-- like a fast-food burger.
- They can be cooked immediately, but I prefer to freeze them first.
- Place them on a large cookie sheet and freeze them several hours.
- Remove from freezer and place waxed paper between each burger as you stack them.
- I stack them in 2 1-quart freezer zip-lock bags.
- Preheat cast iron skillet to very hot.
- Cook frozen burgers until they are slightly charred on one side (about 3-4 minutes) and then turn and cook until the other side is slightly charred and burgers are medium-well.
- Do not overcook.
- Turn burner off and leave burgers in the pan while you put condiments on your hamburger bun.
- If cooking thawed burgers, cook about 2-3 minutes per side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've never made venison burgers before, chose this recipe. Had to make a few modifications (i.e. real egg whites, etc.) that were minor due to items on hand. Turned out great. Cooked on the charcoal grill. A little overdone, but that's the cook, not the recipe! My son loved the burger and that's enough proof for me. Thank you, will make again for sure.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired computer programmer, teacher, and cookbook author. Hubby and I have a grown daughter & SIL, son & DIL and 2 grandgirls. My favorite hobbies: cooking, Silhouette crafting, sewing, embroidery and wearable art, quilting, genealogy research, reading,