Pan Fried Coconut Flat Bread
photo by milliwuu
- Ready In:
2 Flat beads
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or any oil you like, i substituted half with butter cuz organic coconut oil is so expensive)
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk, of any kind (enough to smooth out the lumps into thick batter)
- 2 tablespoons blueberries, optional (or other fruits to give it extra moisture and a bit natural sweetness)
- Melt the oil.
- Beat in the egg.
- Combine flour salt and baking powder and add to egg mixture.
- Stir well and gradually add enough milk to smooth out the lumps into thick batter ( sometimes it may take a little more milk because of the size of your egg).
- Combine berries.
- In a heated greased pan, put the batter in and arrange to a flat round or square. If you need it for sandwiches, divide the dough and do two breads.
- When the edges are a bit dry and brown, and bubbles show up in the center, flip and cook to desired brownish color.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!