Pampered Chef Pasta With Cream Cheese
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- 2 -3 heads broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- salt, as needed
- black pepper, as needed
- 1 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup slivered fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- 4 seasoned and grilled chicken breasts (optional)
- In a large dutch oven or other large vessel with sides put the olive oil and the garlic. Heat over medium heat until the garlic has started to brown on the edges.
- Add the broth, increase heat to high, and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the pasta. Cook, reduce heat to medium high, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is half cooked.
- Add the broccoli and carrots, reduce heat to medium. I usually cover the dutch oven with a plate at this time. Let everything cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and stir frequently until the cream cheese has melted. Generously sprinkle the pasta with salt and black pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in the tomato and basil.
- Serve garnished with the parmesan cheese and the chicken breast pieces(optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I like to eat a variety of food so have lots of different kinds of recipes that I have added and reviewed. Probably the favorite foods that I have reviewed are the ones with Nutella in the ingredients.