Pad Thai (Eating Well)
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces wide rice noodles, preferably brown-rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces small shrimp, peeled deveined
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion top
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with warm water; soak until limp, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil over high heat in a wok until very hot.
- Add garlic and stir-fry until golden, about 10 seconds.
- Add egg and cook, stirring, until scrambled, about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry until they curl and turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok, tossing with tongs until they soften and curl, about 1 minute.
- Add bean sprouts, scallions greens, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, and chile-garlic sauce; toss until the shrimp are fully cooked and the noodles are heated through, 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and serve immediately.
- 354 calories, 9 g fat, 50 g carb, 3 g fiber.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!