Oven-Roasted Squash With Garlic & Parsley
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Winter squash becomes tender and sweeter when roasted-a delicious side for a holiday dinner. Look for interesting squash like kabocha or hubbard at your farmers' market and try them in this recipe. (From EatingWell Nov/Dec 2009)
- Ready In:
- 5 lbs winter squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks (such as butternut, buttercup, kabocha or hubbard)
- 6 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375'F.
- Toss squash with 4 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occationally, until tender throughout and lightly browned, 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the variety of squash).
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant but not brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Toss the roasted squash with the garlic and parsley. Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION