Oven-Finished Kickin' Chicken
photo by Benjamin M.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- boneless chicken breast (Divided and FRESH!!!!!)
- white wine (enough to to fully immerse all of your chicken)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (Brunoise)
- 1 orange bell pepper (Brunoise)
- 1 red bell pepper (Brunoise)
- 1 yellow onion (Finely chopped)
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 serrano peppers
- spring onion (chopped)
- cayenne pepper
- garlic salt
- crushed red pepper flakes (Flakes)
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- olive oil
- lemon juice (Freshly squeezed)
- dole orange pinappe juice (optional)
- Pour white wine into a large container with a lid and immerse chicken into wine. Squeeze a freshly cut lemon into the chicken and wine (and add about 2-4oz Dole Orange Pineapple juice if you would choose), Place airtight lid over the container and place it in the fridge).
- Mix together the spices with the following proportions: 35% salt, 10% pepper, 5% Cayenne pepper, 20% Garlic Salt, 15% Crushed Red Pepper, 13% Tony's, and 2% Paprika. Blend evenly together.
- PRODUCE: If you buy them pre-chopped, you will be able to skip most of the prep work.
- Sauté all of your peppers and onions in olive oil until crisp and aromatic.
- As soon as you finish sautéing the produce, remove container with chicken from the fridge and the lid. Add a generous amount of butter on top of the chicken and then empty your freshly sautéed produce into the container, secure the lid, and place back into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- After about 30 minutes in the fridge, Preheat oven to 350, remove container from the fridge. Pull out individual chicken breasts, removing all chopped peppers or onions that are stuck to it, season with the mixed spices and place on a hot pan with olive oil.
- Cook until a nice sear has been achieved on both sides and remove from heat.
- Pour the ingredients in the container (Wine, peppers and onions, etc) into the frying pan and place the frying pan on the middle rack of the oven for 15-20 minutes. (If you are only cooking one 2 breast halves, pour the entire container into the pan, otherwise, pour until the chicken is half immersed).
- After 15-20 minutes in the oven, remove pan and allow chicken to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Pour a portion of the white wine mixture from the pan over the chicken when you plate it for a little extra flavor as well as some of the peppers and onions. Chicken SHOULD be cooked perfectly every time, but ALWAYS check before eating.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!