MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These stuffed peppers are filled with orzo, Italian sausage and other flavors of summer.
- Ready In:
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce or 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds.
- In large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain orzo; stir into meat mixture.
- Add the marinara sauce, tomato, basil, rosemary and pepper flakes.
- Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a greased 11-inch by 7-inch baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION