photo by FrenchBunny
- Ready In:
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley (or a parsley and basil mix)
- 1 cup chopped green onions or 1 cup red onion
- 15 -20 ripe cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive (black or green, halved)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (chunks or flaked)
- 4 -6 hardboiled egg, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup thick plain yogurt
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Cook orzo al dente according to packet directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, drain again then transfer to a bowl.
- Add all the salad ingredients except for the tuna and eggs.
- In a jar mix all the dressing ingredients and shake well, pour half of the dressing over the salad and mix together.
- Cover and place in the fridge so the flavors can develop, for at least one hour.
- Before serving add the rest of the dressing and the tuna, toss and garnish with the eggs.
- Alternatively serve the rest of the dressing in a small jug on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This salad was absolutely delicious. I had cut the recipe in half since there was only 2 of us and it still made for a lot of salad. I went with the parsley and fresh basil mix and I thought it added to the flavor very nicely. I chose the green onions over the red. I had mixed some of the dressing in with the tuna and placed the tuna in the middle of the salad instead of mixing it all together and went with the eggs on the side. The flavors were really yummy and it all went so well together and so filling. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe Pets'R'us.
What a delightful salad to go with our chicken tonight. I did not use the tuna or basil - but believe the basil would have been good. I will also add some more tomato into the left overs as I really liked that flavor and my plants are producing plenty of those little cherry tomatoes. The olives and lemon juice gave it a definate tang. Don't leave out the hard boiled eggs - they were very good with it.