- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 ounces Chinese pea pods, thawed and drained if frozen
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions with tops, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules, I use Penzey's beef soup base
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- BEFORE you start chopping and slicing, trim excess fat from steak. Partially freeze steak; slice diagonally across grain into 2- x 1/4-inch strips.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, sugar, and ginger; add steak, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Coat wok or skillet with oil; allow to heat at medium high (325°) for 2 minutes. Add steak; stir-fry 1 minute. Add pea pods; stir-fry 1 minute. Add cabbage, mushrooms, green onions, and water chestnuts; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon granules, cornstarch, and salt in water; stir into steak mixture. Cook until thickened. Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!