Orange Praline Sweet Potatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled, quartered, boiled
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl mash sweet potatoes, add orange juice, orange zest, brandy, salt, ginger, pepper, tbsp of butter and egg.
- Beat with mixer, then spoon potatoes into pie plate, or 10-inch quiche pan.
- In a small sauce pan add 3 tbsp butter, brown sugar, cinnamon. Cook stirring frequently. Spread on potatoes and sprinkle with pecans.
- Can be refrigerated overnight. Do not put pecans on if you do this.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes and uncovered for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note