- Ready In:
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook celery and green onions in butter until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and brown lightly, stirring frequently, for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add orange juice, salt and 1 cup water, heat to boiling.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmering the rice for 25 minutes until it is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Gently stir in the orange pieces and almonds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a wonderful pilaf recipe. I made this for a family friend who is coming over with his family to celebrate his 40th birthday in my house today. I used Sunflower cooking oil as a substitute for butter. I used an additional 3/4th cup of water as well. I garnished this with some chopped green onions and some raisins. This rice is very impressive and pretty when served on a bed of Iceberg lettuce. Thanks for this recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, but don't have a lot of time to do it, since I work full time. I like to try a new recipe every Saturday, if time allows. <br> <br>I have one grown son and three grandaughters ages 16,10 and 3. The ten year old has won many medals in gymnastics meets over the past few years.