Orange Coconut Pound Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is one I put together this summer to sell through the veggie stand. It disappeared fast.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Cream margarine, shortening, and sugar till light and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add extract, zest and juice; combine well.
- Alternately add flour and milk, beating well after each addition.
- Add coconut and beat 1 minute.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake 1 hour and 15 minutes till test done.
- Cool 15 minutes remove to wire rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
this cake was good. dense and moist on the inside, but the crust had a biscuit texture which i loved. i halved the recipe, due to the advice from past reviewers; it came out alright (though a little thinner than the normal cake size). one thing is, the orange flavour wasn't quite enough, even though i doubled the amount of orange zest and orange juice. i would add more the next time to get a stronger orange taste! added cream cheese frosting to the cake, and it was well received by my friends! thanks.Reply
This was very good!! Very dense and moist!! I did have some problems though -- this makes a LOT of batter. More than my little handheld Kitchenaid mixer could handle. Also -- you need to use a very LARGE bowl. I used a 10 inch tube pan & the batter overflowed! I attribute these little "problems" to my own lack of expertise in baking. I would definitely make this cake again though!! The taste was awesome & the hint of coconut was a perfect final touch to a great flavor.10Reply
see 3 more