photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- Trim stems off asparagus.
- Steam asparagus to tender-crisp (about 5 minutes) -I use a steaming basket in a pan with the lid on.
- Drain water and place asparagus back in pan.
- Place butter, orange juice and zest in pan with asparagus.
- Allow butter to melt and coat asparagus with butter mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
mmm delish!! DH loved this asparagus. Me too, I cooked it a little different. We like our asparagus quite crisp so I didn't steam it first, but I did added a little more orange juice to the pan with with butter and zest and put a lid on it; it steamed quite nicely in the pan and stayed nice and crisp. We love it, thanks for posting.
Wonderful!!! I cooked my asparagus in a flat dish covered with wrap for 7 minutes in a 1000 watt microwave with 1/8 cup water. We like it tender crisp. I also took the lower woody portion off and stuck the "good stuff" in ice cold water upright in glasses for about 15 minutes before cooking. Easy to prepare.This "perked" up our taste buds. Thanks for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love my family and friends. I love music. I love creative people. I love to travel. I love to learn. I love food. I love to cook. I love eat and drink. I love to entertain. I love the farmer's market. I love Alice Waters and Ina Garten. I also love Anthony Bourdain. I love Barbara Kingsolver's book: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I love Cookbooks. I love fresh ingredients. I love this site.</p>