Old World Manicotti
- Ready In:
- 12 large manicotti
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 (26 ounce) jar prepared spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain; rinse with cool water.
- Let pasta dry on paper towels.
- For filling, in medium bowl, stir together 3 C mozarella with the ricotta and fresh basil.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff pasta shells with prepared cheese mixture.
- Spoon 2 C spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dish.
- Arrange stuffed pasta over sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of pasta.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozarella.
- Bake manicotti for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan; bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Massachusetts, I am the mother of two kids, ages 16 and 14.