Nutty Irishman Creme Cake
photo by Jessica K
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1⁄4 cup Frangelico liqueur
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup Frangelico, for soaking on cake
For The Glaze
- 1⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 40 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from bundt pan.
- With a pastry brush brush Frangelico on cooked cake and let it cool completely.
- Mix Baileys and 1 cup sugar until a thick glaze is formed adding more sugar if necessary.
- When ready, pour over the cooled cake.
- Or use the frosting recipe above.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds into glaze while still soft pressing gentle so to stay on cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This cake drew loud exclamations of, "Oh my gosh, this is so good!" when I served it tonight. I had to agree - this cake is simple and wonderful. Full of great flavors, with a lovely texture. I just happened to have some melted chocolate on hand and drizzled that over the top of the glaze before pressing some almonds on top of the cake. Just wonderful - thanks for sharing!
see 3 more reviews