Nutty Banana Oatmeal
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon craisins
- 1 teaspoon almonds, slivered
- 1⁄2 banana, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Place the oatmeal in a large microwavable bowl and stir in the craisins and nuts.
- Add the chopped bananas and milk and stir.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes stirring every minute until the oatmeal is cooked and creamy.
- Watch the bowl in the last minute because the oatmeal may overflow if the bowl is not large enough.
Join The Conversation
Yum! We really enjoyed this oatmeal for breakfast this morning. Found it last night and was able to make it with a couple modifications using what I already had in the house. I didn't have craisins or almonds, but I did add pecans. Also added a splash of vanilla and about a teaspoon of brown sugar. The banana made it big enough for two small servings, which was fine, but I would also have been happy not to share!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and brought up in a small university town by the south western coast of India, and have been living in various places the last 7 years. I quit my job last year and have been spending hours everyday on 'zaar since then. I enjoy cooking for the most part, especially new recipes. Baking is a relaxing activity for me. My husband and I are beer enthusiasts, and often visit local microbreweries to sample their excellent brew. We love spending time by the water during summers. One of my favorite things to do is snuggle up on the couch on a rainy afternoon, watch the rain through the window while reading a good book with a plate of cake and a cup of strong black coffee.