Nutella Pinwheel Cookies
- Ready In:
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄4 cup nutella
- 2 -3 tablespoons toasted and chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Mix the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Mix in egg yolk and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in the sifted flour.
- Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes to help firm it up for rolling later.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread Nutella on top of dough, leaving one finger width around all the edges.
- Sprinkle with toasted hazlenuts.
- Roll dough into a log and return to refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut slices from dough and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Note: If you've cut thicker rounds, you will need to bake them longer.
- Watch for the edges to begin to color and remove from oven.
- Cool one minute on pan and transfer to cooling rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 23 years old and I live in Trinidad. One of the islands in the Caribbean. I love baking and have a major sweet tooth but I am trying to cook more savoury foods and I am enjoying trying new recipes. Recently I have come to love photographing the food I make. Too bad they don't all come out photo worthy, but at least they still taste good! lol <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/SuperBowlSTKR.jpg> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/TeaSuppers-STKR.jpg">