No Tortilla Chicken Enchiladas
Since I can't eat bread, this is perfect for me.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 25Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium skillet, add cornstarch, cumin, cocoa powder, garlic powder and chili powder. Whisk in two cups of water and tomato sauce.
- Continue to stir until sauce thickens.
- In a seperate skillet, add cooked chicken and cook in a 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce and simmer.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and half and half until well blended.
- Heat up small skillet, spray with non-stick spray and add just enough egg mixture to coat pan.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes. Repeat until the mixture is gone.
- Place one of the egg crepes in a baking dish and coat with a small amount of sauce. Add chicken, cheese and roll. Repeat and then top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle scallions and cheese on top and bake for 10-15 min or until cheese melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I gave this recipe 4 stars only because the prep time of 35 minutes seems off. It took me way longer - I think I was slow doing the crepes. I recommend this one as a weekend meal the first time you attempt it. That said the enchiladas turned out pretty good. My kids didn't complain about the crepes in the recipe that you substitute for the tortillas. The enchilada sauce is excellent and I may use it for other things :) Thanks so much for this recipe David04 - I recently had WLS and your recipes have helped me cook things I can eat along with my familia!Reply