No Sugar Pecan Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 eggs
- 5 teaspoons sugar substitute (i.e. "Equal for recipes")
- 1 cup syrup (Smuckers Sugar Free)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan halves
- pastry for 9" pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix eggs and sugar.
- Stir in the breakfast syrup and melted butter.
- Stir in the pecan halves.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with the pie dough.
- Pour in the pecan pie filling mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes with edges covered with foil.
- Remove foil from the edges and bake for another 25 minutes (you can insert a knife and have it come out clean).
- Cool on a wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I really dislike giving bad reviews. I believe that everyone should give something a try and decide for themselves if the recipe works for them or not. However, the ingredients in this recipe are expensive to buy, and in my experience not worth it. The pie was a unappetizing gray, spongy in texture, and while I didn't expect a SWEET pie, I did expect it to be somewhat sweet. It wasn't, it was devoid of flavor except the taste of artificial maple. Sorry.
This has a good flavor of maple syrup. I used Splenda instead of Equal. The finished product is good, but...I didn't care much for the color. I guess the coloring of the syrup was a little grey. I will try this one again, and use the Smuckers to see if that makes a difference in coloring Thanks for posting this, Steve..