No-Knead Pizza Dough
- Ready In:
4 1 lb loaves
- 2 3⁄4 cups water, lukewarm
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Mix the yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil with the water in a 5-qt bowl, or a lidded (not airtight) food container.
- If using active dry yeast, mix sugar with water till it's 100-110F degrees, then add yeast and let proof for ten minutes. Then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix in the flour without kneading, using a large wooden spoon.
- Cover (not airtight) and allow to rest at room temperature for about 2 hours. You can use the dough at this point, or refrigerate and use over next 12 days. If you refrigerate at least overnight, you'll develop better flavor in the dough. If you only want to make 1 flatbread, just pinch off a grapefruit sized piece of dough to use -- keep the remaining covered loosely in the refrigerator. You can freeze the dough as well -- but I haven't tried it, because honestly, it's so good that the dough never goes unbaked for more than 4 days.
- This is enough dough for 4 large pizzas.
- Use as you would with any pizza recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I like food