No Knead Dinner Rolls
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
2 dozen rolls
- 2 cups warm water (105 degree to 115 degree F)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus additional oil for brushing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Pour water into a large bowl and sprinkle in yeast. Let stand until yeast softens, about 5 minutes. Add sugar, eggs, 3 tablespoons oil and salt and stir to dissolve yeast. Gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough (you may have to use your hands to work in last additions). Work dough in bowl to make a smooth mass.
- Lightly brush top of dough with additional oil. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Brush two 9 or 10-inch round cake pans lightly with melted butter. Punch down dough and cut into 24 pieces. With floured hands, form each piece of dough into a ball. Arrange 12 balls of dough, smooth side up, in each pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place until almost doubled in volume, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, position a rack in the center of oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Brush tops of rolls with remaining melted butter. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let rolls stand in pan for 5 minutes. Unmold and break the rolls apart. Serve rolls hot or warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>