Ninja 3 in 1: Chicken Piccato
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Stove top/steam oven recipe. Artichokes are a great source of fiber. Stir 1 package (about 9 oz.) frozen artichoke hearts in with the capers, if desire.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thin-sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup capers in brine, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked, rinsed
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Stir flour, salt, and black pepper on plate.
- Coat chicken with four mixture.
- Add oil and butter to pot.
- Set to STOVETOP HIGH and heat until butter is melted.
- Add chicken to pot.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken from pot and place on roasting rack.
- Add broth, wine, lemon juice, and capers to pot.
- Stir in quinoa.
- Place rack with chicken in pot, and place asparagus on rack with chicken.
- Set OVEN to 300 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
- Cover until chicken is cooked through, asparagus is tender, and quinoa breaks apart.
- Remove asparagus and chicken from pot.
- Stir quinoa mixture.
- Turn off pot.
- Let quinoa mixture stand.
- Garnish with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION