New England Doughnuts
- Ready In:
- Sift first five ingredients together.
- Add sugar to melted butter and beat thoroughly.
- Beat eggs and add to sugar mixture.
- Add dry ingredients alternatively with milk to batter.
- Have dough a little stiffer than biscuit dough.
- Preheat oil to 360F in a large saucepan or stockpot.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch on a floured board.
- Cut with doughnut cutter and fry until golden; turn and fry until golden on the other side.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!