Navy Bean Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found this on the back of a can of Bush's Navy Beans. An easy, comforting meal for those cold winter nights!
- Ready In:
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced (I just dice very small)
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced (again, I use a small dice)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained (I used 3 cups of beans that I cooked and that was plenty for us)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth (I used 4 cups homemade broth)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In large pot, fry bacon until crisp. (I chop bacon into bits and stir often while it's browning. Also, I just leave the bits in while the veggies cook and omit the crumbling step at the end. :)).
- Remove bacon strips and cook garlic, onion, carrots, and celery in hot bacon drippings 'til softened.
- Add beans and broth to veggies. Heat until simmering.
- Stir in pepper and cumin. Crumble bacon into pot. If using homemade broth, you will probably need to add salt, to taste.
- This is great served with cornbread!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION