Nachos With Tofu Black Bean Chili
- Ready In:
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- hot sauce (optional)
- tortilla chips
- sour cream (optional)
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- cheese, shredded (optional)
- Chop tofu into 1/4" dice.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onion, garlic and tofu until onion is tender.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, black beans and hot sauce if you desire.
- Stir well and simmer for 15 minutes, adjusting seasoning to your taste.
- Layer tortilla chips on serving platter.
- Spoon chili on top of chips and top with cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 45 years old and live in central NC with my husband and a very finicky dog. I like to cook when I have the time to be adventurous. I am not a very creative cook, but I can follow a recipe really well (LOL)! I'm learning a lot about flavors that go together, so I am getting more comfortable with experimenting. <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/freezer.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a> <a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view¤t=tish3.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish3.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008"></a>