My Special Meatloaf Recipe
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 LARGE meatloaf
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal, i actually use maseca but it won't recognize that ingredient
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt, I use Adobo with cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 8 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 8 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed firm (to taste)
- 1 cup ketchup
- Meatloaf: Combine meat loaf ingredients and place into meatloaf pan or regular loaf pan. I usually have a little left over because the pan I use is a small one. The excess I freeze for future use as stuffed pepper filling (there's usually enough for 2 peppers).
- Smooth out top.
- Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350°F about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Like most everyone else on this site, I LOVE to cook. I really enjoy trying new recipes and adding my own flair to them. I never make a dish exactly the same way twice, I'm always improving it. Plus I tend to improvise a lot when I'm in the kitchen.