My Mom's Deviled Eggs
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- Boil eggs to hard-boiled stage.
- Rinse in cold water, cool and peel.
- While eggs are boiling, make sauce.
- Combine mayo, sugar and mustard and stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate, and don't be worried if sauce still has sugar crystals.
- When ready to assemble, slice eggs in half, scoop out yolks and mash.
- Take sauce out of fridge and stir again.
- Now it should be smooth.
- Mix sauce with mashed egg yolks.
- But don't use all at once.
- May have to add a little more until the right consistency.
- Start with 1/2 of the sauce and add more a little at a time as needed.
- Spoon into egg whites and sprinkle with paprika for garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
First I want to know something, " Where did your Mom get my Mom's recipe ? " :) I made this recipe on 7/6/09. And since it's just myself and my SO, the recipe was cut down just using 3 eggs. And the rest of ingredients were added " to taste ", 1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard, 3 teaspoons of sugar, and just enough mayo to make sure it was well blended. And for my SO, paprika isn't an option it's a requirement. Now I'm basing this review on the amount of filling that I was eating while filling the eggs. This recipe I'm sure will be made again. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 3-31-13......I am now a working mom to a lively 15 year old. Wow, I have not updated this in 5 years. We have moved fron Valparaiso, to Chesterton, to South Haven and are in Portage,IN. This is my husbands home town. I am working, though not happpily at the McDonalds in Burns Harbor. We still have Rocky the Brittany Spaniel. We have 3 cats. Nilla Kiki, who came up to the door of the restaraunt I worked at when we lived in South Haven. We moved to Portage in 2011. Tony, my hubby, moved to our new trailer which needed some work. Our daughter Allegra stayed with Grandma and I, and Kiki stayed with a friend. In June of 2011 we all moved into where we live now. In January of 2012 a Facebook friend who lived in Kentucky, said she had White Kittens. I joked if she would deliver I would take a female. Well on 1-15-12 she brought us Gracie Lynn. Then on July 3rd a kitten showed up at our house who is now Samson Anthony Hughes. My husband, the cat hater decided to keep him as his own. I would rather own my own restaurant than work at Micky D's, but there are bills to pay. Ally, as we call her wants to be a Pharmacist, and she is an honor roll student know and I can't let her down.</p>