My Mediterranean Couscous Salad
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, chopped coarsely
- 10 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or another)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted (or other nuts)
- 1⁄4 cup olive (kalamata nice)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- romaine lettuce or baby spinach leaves
- Bring broth to a boil and stir in couscous. Cover and return to a boil then remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, fluff with a fork and cool.
- Combine and toss all but the romaine or baby spinach.
- Serve over the lettuce or spinach.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.