Mini Turkey Meatballs With a Fresh Couscous Salad
We have been eating a lot of turkey over the last few years instead of beef, and I developed this recipe to fill some of my mediterranean tastes one night.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 scallions, trimmed, washed, and sliced
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped into bite sized pieces, unseeded
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled, cut in half lengthwise, and sliced into 1/4 inch half moon shapes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, freshly chopped
- Cook couscous according to package instructions.
- Combine couscous with scallions, tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, garbanzo beans and 1 TBS olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix ground turkey with cumin, cinnamon, oregano, and salt & pepper to season. Shape into small meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet with 2 TBS olive oil to medium high heat. Add meatballs and cook until desired doneness. About 4-5 minutes on all sides.
- Serve Meatballs with the Couscous salad. Garnish with a sprinkling of parsley, olives, or feta cheese if you prefer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummy! Thank you so much for sharing your recipe. I've been trying to use more turkey and found this recipe while looking for ground turkey recipes. I'm glad I did it's delicious. I made a couple of changes. I added 2 cloves of fresh garlic to the salad. I added 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/8 cayenne to the meatballs. I also served it with feta cheese and kalamata olives. Mmm tasty!Reply