My All Day Spaghetti Sauce
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 sausage links, cut into bite size pieces
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken pieces, cubed
- 3 -5 boneless pork chops, cubed (can use bone in or pork ribs just be careful of the bones)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves or 2 tablespoons bottled garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 (29 ounce) cans pureed crushed tomatoes (I use seasoned)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 24 meatballs
- I a large stock pot heat olive oil over med heat.
- Add your cubed meats (if using bone-in pork do first) to brown. You want to sear your meat. When meat is seared remove to a plate.
- To all the drippings add your onions, peppers and shrooms. Saute 3-5 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic cook 2 minutes careful not to burn.
- Return meat to the pot.
- Add tomato paste.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wine cook for 2 minutes. Scrapping the bottom, you want all those good bits.
- Add the cans of tomatoes stir to mix well. Add all your dry spices and brown sugar.
- Bring to a soft boil, turn heat down to simmer.
- Add your meatballs.
- Use the chicken stock to thin as mine tends to get thick and bubble and spurt.
- As it simmers all day stir to not burn. Keep on the heat. Add 1/4 cup of the stock at a time as needed.
- Mine usually cooks 6-8 hours.
- Serve with pasta of your choice, salad and crusty garlic bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a working mom of 2 my son is 14 and my daughter is 11. O.K. 3 kids if you count my hubby. My son is on the picky side but loves food with a kick. My daughter will eat anything(yes even sauerkraut) the only thing hubby won't eat is raw cabbage he's getting better thanks to this site (he even ask me to make slaw). I love to cook and try new things. One of our favorite stations is food network.I've been playing around with pics and updated my pic & my icon. O.k. Tim because well just because i love to cook with the Cd player or radio blasting and i love his stuff. The Dancing Bears because my DH and i are (were) huge dead heads. I have to update the kids pictures or they would be back there again. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">